Got the parts together now and decided first bit of action today was to bend the pipe to get the Jalopy style smile in the tube. I started off marking out a datum line and 1″ spacing a for reference.
Then I borrowed a hydraulic bender and away we went….
And finally reversed the tube to soften the bend. It might look severe but one the drop ends are added I can always soften the bend some more before the kingpin bosses are welded on.
The next step will be to cut to size for the 36″ track once I have the spindle brackets assembled to ensure everything goes where it should and I have clearance for the steering arms that I will make at a later date.